Norwegian Krone (NOK)
About the Norwegian Krone
The Norwegian “krone” (plural: kroner) is the official currency used in the country of Norway as well as its external territories Bouvet Island, Queen Maud Land, and Peter I Island. Its official currency code (ISO) is “NOK” and it is symbolized by “kr”. The primary denominations include a 50 øre coin; 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, kroner coins (1 krone = 100 øre); and 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 kroner paper bank notes. In Denmark, decimal numbers are denoted using a comma (e.g. 1,50). The krone has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (Norways’s largest export).
Central Bank: Bank of Norway
News: Norwegian Krone
- record year norwegian seafood exports (9 January 2015, 8:00 am)
- Fox News - From frequent flier miles to rental cars, airlines cash in on fees - Fox News (10 September 2014, 7:00 am)
- WSHM - AllianceBernstein Income Fund Releases Monthly Portfolio Update - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM (26 August 2014, 7:00 am)
Reports & Events: Norwegian Krone
- Fund makes new investment in London ()
- Norges Bank to finance research on sustainable mining ()
- Fund tops 6,000 billion kroner in market value ()
Discussions: Norwegian Krone
Sorry, no forex discussions found.