Philippine Peso (PHP)
About the Philippine Peso
The Philippine “peso” (plural: pesos) is the official currency used in the country of the Philippines. Its official currency code is “PHP” and it is symbolized by a “P”. The primary denominations include 1, 2, 5, 10 peso coins (1 peso = 100 sentimo; however sentimo are rarely used); and 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 peso paper bank notes. In the Philippines, decimal numbers are denoted using a point (e.g. 1.50). The peso has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (The Philippines’s largest export).
Central Bank: Philippine Central Bank
News: Philippine Peso
- Image of Asia - Countdown to Christmas - ABC News (20 November 2014, 12:20 pm)
- StarTribune.com - Image of Asia - Countdown to Christmas in Philippines - Star Tribune (20 November 2014, 12:05 pm)
- Philippines Domestic and International Money Transfer Industry Outlook to 2017 - Tie-ups and Price Wars to ... (15 August 2014, 3:37 pm)
Reports & Events: Philippine Peso
- 2014-11-28T19:00/BSP Opens Butuan to Serve CARAGA Region (28 November 2014, 11:00 am)
- 2014-11-28T16:45/Bank Lending Continues to Expand (28 November 2014, 8:45 am)
- 2014-11-28T16:45/Domestic Liquidity Growth Continues to Ease in October (28 November 2014, 8:45 am)
Discussions: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex discussions found.