Philippine Peso (PHP)
About the Philippine Peso
The Philippine “peso” (plural: pesos) is the official currency used in the country of the Philippines. Its official currency code is “PHP” and it is symbolized by a “P”. The primary denominations include 1, 2, 5, 10 peso coins (1 peso = 100 sentimo; however sentimo are rarely used); and 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 peso paper bank notes. In the Philippines, decimal numbers are denoted using a point (e.g. 1.50). The peso has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (The Philippines’s largest export).
Central Bank: Philippine Central Bank
News: Philippine Peso
- Wall Street Journal - FOMC Outcome Weighs on Asian Shares - WSJ (19 March 2015, 7:00 am)
- Image of Asia - Countdown to Christmas - ABC News (20 November 2014, 12:20 pm)
- WTNZ - Globe Telecom Launches Philippines' First-ever Virtual Video Store on Mobile - WTNZ FOX 43 Knoxville, TN (14 November 2014, 8:00 am)
Reports & Events: Philippine Peso
- /Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Honors its Stakeholders in Region XII and ARMM ()
- 2016-08-23T11:00/BSP Reminds the Public to Always Protect Pin and Password (23 August 2016, 3:00 am)
- /World Bank Lauds PH for NSFI Monitoring Framework ()
Discussions: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex discussions found.
Videos: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex videos found.