Philippine Peso (PHP)
About the Philippine Peso
The Philippine “peso” (plural: pesos) is the official currency used in the country of the Philippines. Its official currency code is “PHP” and it is symbolized by a “P”. The primary denominations include 1, 2, 5, 10 peso coins (1 peso = 100 sentimo; however sentimo are rarely used); and 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 peso paper bank notes. In the Philippines, decimal numbers are denoted using a point (e.g. 1.50). The peso has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (The Philippines’s largest export).
Central Bank: Philippine Central Bank
News: Philippine Peso
- Philippine judge reveals $2.4 million in undeclared assets in impeachment trial - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser (16 July 2014, 10:58 pm)
- Rupiah advances on poll outlook - won, rupee slide - Taipei Times (13 July 2014, 7:00 am)
- 4 Places to Get Good Poke in L.A. - Squid Ink - Los Angeles - Los ... (10 July 2014, 7:00 am)
Reports & Events: Philippine Peso
- 2014-09-15T17:00/BSP Peso Rediscount Rate Effective 15 September 2014 (15 September 2014, 9:00 am)
- 2014-09-15T16:30/2014 Global Policy Forum of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (15 September 2014, 8:30 am)
- 2014-09-15T15:00/Personal Remittances Sustain Robust Growth in July 2014; January-July Level Reaches US$15 Billion (15 September 2014, 7:00 am)
Discussions: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex discussions found.