Philippine Peso (PHP)
About the Philippine Peso
The Philippine “peso” (plural: pesos) is the official currency used in the country of the Philippines. Its official currency code is “PHP” and it is symbolized by a “P”. The primary denominations include 1, 2, 5, 10 peso coins (1 peso = 100 sentimo; however sentimo are rarely used); and 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 peso paper bank notes. In the Philippines, decimal numbers are denoted using a point (e.g. 1.50). The peso has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (The Philippines’s largest export).
Central Bank: Philippine Central Bank
News: Philippine Peso
- Image of Asia - Countdown to Christmas - ABC News (20 November 2014, 12:20 pm)
- ABC 33/40 - AllianceBernstein Global High Income Fund Releases Monthly Portfolio Update - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports (27 October 2014, 7:00 am)
- Philippines Domestic and International Money Transfer Industry Outlook to 2017 - Tie-ups and Price Wars to ... (15 August 2014, 3:37 pm)
Reports & Events: Philippine Peso
- 2015-01-30T17:00/BSP Grants Regulatory Relief to Banks/Non-Bank Financial Institutions with Quasi-Banking Functions (NBQBs) Affected by Tropical Storm "Seniang" (30 January 2015, 9:00 am)
- 2015-01-30T16:10/Domestic Liquidity Growth Slightly Faster in December (30 January 2015, 8:10 am)
- 2015-01-30T16:10/Bank Lending Growth Decelerates in December (30 January 2015, 8:10 am)
Discussions: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex discussions found.