Philippine Peso (PHP)
About the Philippine Peso
The Philippine “peso” (plural: pesos) is the official currency used in the country of the Philippines. Its official currency code is “PHP” and it is symbolized by a “P”. The primary denominations include 1, 2, 5, 10 peso coins (1 peso = 100 sentimo; however sentimo are rarely used); and 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 peso paper bank notes. In the Philippines, decimal numbers are denoted using a point (e.g. 1.50). The peso has a floating exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (The Philippines’s largest export).
Central Bank: Philippine Central Bank
News: Philippine Peso
- Philippine judge reveals $2.4 million in undeclared assets in impeachment trial - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser (15 December 2014, 6:30 pm)
- Image of Asia - Countdown to Christmas - ABC News (20 November 2014, 12:20 pm)
- WTNZ - Globe Telecom Launches Philippines' First-ever Virtual Video Store on Mobile - WTNZ FOX 43 Knoxville, TN (14 November 2014, 8:00 am)
Reports & Events: Philippine Peso
- 2014-12-18T17:50/Foreign portfolio investments yield net inflows in November (18 December 2014, 9:50 am)
- 2014-12-15T16:50/Personal Remittances Hit US$2.5 Billion in October 2014; January-October Level Reaches US$22 Billion (15 December 2014, 8:50 am)
- 2014-12-15T13:50/BSP Reports Maiden Report on Capital Ratios of Stand-Alone Banks Under Basel 1.5 Framework (15 December 2014, 5:50 am)
Discussions: Philippine Peso
Sorry, no forex discussions found.