South African Rand (ZAR)
News: South African Rand
- Franklin Electric Reports Record Second Quarter 2012 Sales and Earnings - Seekingalpha.com (31 July 2012, 1:25 pm)
- Franklin Electric Q2 Profit Increases - Quick Facts - RTT News (31 July 2012, 12:42 pm)
- The Daily Reckoning July 30th - HoweStreet.com (31 July 2012, 3:46 am)
Reports & Events: South African Rand
- P6420 - Food and beverages, March 2013 (20 May 2013, 11:00 am)
- P7162 - Land transport survey, March 2013 (20 May 2013, 9:30 am)
- P6410 - Tourist accommodation, March 2013 (20 May 2013, 8:00 am)
Discussions: South African Rand
Sorry, no forex discussions found.
Videos: South African Rand
About the South African Rand
The South African “rand” (plural: rand) is the official currency used in the country of South Africa and is used alongside local currencies in Lesotho, and Namibia. Its official currency code is “ZAR” and it is symbolized by “R”. The primary denominations include 5, 10, 20, 50 cent coins; 1, 2, and 5 rand coins (1 rand = 100 cents); and 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 rand paper bank notes. In South Africa, decimal numbers are denoted using either a comma (e.g. 1,50). The rand has a managed float exchange rate and its value is often seen as being dependent on commodity prices (South Africa’s largest export).
Central Bank: South African Reserve Bank